Empowering Women for Life
So You Think She Might be Pregnant?
You may be confused about your situation and options. We have caring male peer counselors who can help you sort out your feelings and help guide you through the process. You can meet one on one with a male peer counselor who understands where you are coming from and can answer your questions.
All of our services are free and confidential. Contact us to schedule an appointment by calling 301-423-0042.
Here's some quick advice that may be of benefit to you right now:
1. Listen. The situation involves more than just you. There are now three lives to think about.
Stay Calm. She needs your support now more than ever. She may be carrying the baby, but you are BOTH parents, and regardless of your relationship in the future, that baby needs you too.
2. Talk about it - not only with each other, but prepare to talk with parents and others close to the situation. Hiding the news from people who can genuinely help you only increases the stress.
3. Gather all the facts. Get all the information and seek wise counsel so you can make the best decision for both of you.
Express yourself honestly - it's normal to have feelings of anger, frustration and fear. But make sure she knows she is not alone.The Don'ts
4, Stick around and don't consider bailing. The more you run from this, the harder it becomes to think and act clearly.
5. Pressuring her is not an option. Applying pressure will only push her away, possibly into a regretful situation. You will do well to work together as a team.
Keep in mind: You have a very active role in this situation. Listen to input as well as give your thoughts.
Here are some ways the Forestville Pregnancy Center can assist you:
1. One-on-one counseling with a trained counselor who can help you sort through the tough decisions that need to be made.
2. Pregnancy Education classes (Click Here for Schedule) that teach about the role men play in their baby’s lives, including how to care for a new born baby and the positive influence a father can have on the life of their child. Our goal is to help you prepare for the arrival of your new baby. You do not have to be a first time dad to benefit from our classes. This curriculum is designed to help expectant or new dads learn how to be successful fathers. You will be mentored by a caring instructor. All classes are Free and Confidential.